We use EasyAntiCheat as our anti-cheat solution for SMITE & Paladins. EasyAntiCheat must be running when playing these games.
Please ensure that your anti-virus software is up to date. Outdated anti-virus software can flag EasyAntiCheat as a false positive, thus causing issues starting SMITE & Paladins.
You can find a full list of anti-virus software that are whitelisted for EAC here: http://support.easyanticheat.net/kb/antivir/?lr=en-us
Repairing / Installing
If you run into any errors related to the EasyAntiCheat service, you can repair the service as outlined below:
1. Go into the EasyAntiCheat folder located within the Paladins game directory. The standard install locations are:
Steam Install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Paladins\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat
Standalone Install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\paladins\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat
Steam Install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\smite\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat
Standalone Install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat
2. Right click EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe and select “Run as administrator”
3. In the EasyAntiCheat setup program that opens, select the relevant game from the game drop down list and then select Repair Service.
If EasyAntiCheat is not installed, you should be prompted to install when launching the game. If you are not prompted to install or receive an error, you can follow these steps to manually install EasyAntiCheat:
- Go into the EasyAntiCheat folder located within the relevant game directory mentioned above.
- Right click EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe and select “Run as administrator”
- Select the correct game from the game drop down list and then select Install Now
If you do not see the correct game in the game drop down list, or are receiving a “bad or missing configuration” error, please file a support ticket.