Clear the game cache:
Here are a few simple steps to clear the games cache which can help with many in-game issues on the PS4
- On the system home menu select settings.
- Select Application Saved Data Management
- Select Saved Data in System Storage.
- Select Delete.
- Select the relevant game.
- Select the relevant game Settings and chose delete.
Set a static IP address for your PS4:
This helps ensure your NAT type is always set to open, and will help us with port forwarding in the next step.
Setup Port Forwarding for the PSN for your PS4:
Instructions to do this can be found here:
Find your router brand and model, then follow the directions on how to open the specified ports. Make sure you Select 'Playstation Network' and put in your IP correctly in Step 4.